I think some weeks are just more stressful than others. This one started out horribly since I was in bed sick after spending the first part of the weekend cleaning up Alyssa's messes. Then Monday Caleb felt sick and ended up staying home sick for 2 days.
But that's just part of it. It seems lately the girls are crankier. I'm not sure why but it seems that every little thing sets them off. Is it the age? I don't remember my other two being this difficult at age 3 but maybe I have a bad memory or they were easier since they were just one :) Although by the time Kaitlyn was 3 I was already pregnant with Caleb and by the time Caleb was 3 the girls were born and at this point I can't even imagine being pregnant on top of my daily tasks of caring for five kids. Right now I just feel exhausted. I spend a huge majority of my day in the bathroom still trying to help Julianna master the task of going to the potty by herself. Feels like I have replaced changing her diaper two or three times a day with helping her go potty 12 to 15 times a day (or more). I'm wishing I could go back to diapers...
In honor of my rough week I thought I'd list a few good reasons to cry according to Julianna, Rachel and Alyssa (listed with help from Kaitlyn and Caleb who are also quite tired of the toddler crying!)
1. Someone touches you.
2. Someone touches something you are playing with.
3. Someone touches something you used to be playing with and have "declared" as yours - at least to yourself.
4. Your big sister moves your cup further in on the table.
5. Your sister has the green plate.
6. Your sister has the blue cup.
7. Your sister is in the carseat that you currently want though none of the carseats are actually "assigned".
8. You want your cereal from the closed box and NOT the open box.
9. You want oatmeal for breakfast and not cereal (even though your mom is actually getting you cereal and NOT oatmeal - the oatmeal is for your sisters)
10. Your mom tells you to put on your shoes.
11. Your mom tells you to take off your shoes.
12. Your mom wants you to get dressed.
13. Your mom wants you to put on your pajamas.
14. Your mom wants to change your dirty, stinky diaper.
15. Your daddy won't let you jump on his belly.
16. Your sister is in your chair (even though none of the chairs are actually "assigned").
17. There's a commercial on TV.
18. The current show is NOT Diego (Alyssa); (Max & Ruby) Julianna.
19. Because you can't be done NOOOOOOOWWWWWW!
20. Because your parents try to feed you.
21. Your sister has a toy you weren't playing with but now want.
22. It's the big kids turn to watch TV.
23. There's a speck of dirt/sticky food on your hand.
24. Your sister is wearing the piggy/striped/polka-dotted/snowman/flower/pink/yellow pajamas.
25. You're going into the front yard and not the back yard.
26. Your diaper is NOT polka-dotted.
27. No one wants to play in the basement with you.
28. No one wants to play what you want to play when you want to play it.
29. Your sisters aren't listening to your orders.
30. Someone touches you again...
For any of the above reasons feel free to howl and let the tears go. However, if you happen to do so at my house then you will have to sit on the blue couch until you are done!
7 Keys to Planning Your Career Path
1 day ago