Sunday, October 01, 2006

October!

Hi, just had to post that it's October not that you all don't know that but just that I'm very excited we have made it into this month. I wouldn't mind having the babies this month. I know it's still a bit early but since Caleb will be 3 next month for his sanity and mine in the future I'd like to avoid them being to close :)

Also, we took a tour of the NICU today at Fairfax Hospital and that was helpful. It was nice to actually see where the babies will probably end up spending a little bit of time (though hopefully not too much!). The one most interesting thing was that there was a baby there that was 29 weeks gestation (where I am now). He and his twin sister were actually born at 23 weeks which is very early and right now he weighs just 3 pounds. It was encouraging to see him doing well but also kind of neat to see a baby that is the exact weight as our babies now. Wow! He was sooo tiny but yet so well formed. It's hard to believe that that's what all the girls look like.

Just wanted to share. Hopefully I will be able to post again on Friday from home :) Please pray for that! I'd rather not spend weeks in the hospital just waiting for the babies to come but praise God they are all doing well and if they were born now would have a very good chance of not only surviving but also surviving well.

No comments: