Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Independence Day

Happy 4th of July! I hope that everyone had a safe and fun holiday. We had a great but extremely busy day. This morning was spent with friend and then it was off to a neighborhood get together. The kids played on the water slide, the babies got passed around and we all ate lots of good food. It was great to meet some neighbors we didn't know before. Unfortunately, we had to leave before the bike parade and the fireworks so we could head to Middleburg and watch "real" fireworks. Have to see those!

We started celebrating early... Sunday the girls wore their new July 4th outfits from Grandma and Grandpa to church. Since it was a skirt outfit it seemed appropriate.



Daddy made the kids their own home made rockets. Not sure if it was for the 4th of July or not but again it seemed to fit :)

Caleb is serious about his rocket.



Kaitlyn strikes a pose.



And our family picture from today. We all wore our Old Navy shirts :) The girls wore red and the boys were in blue.



The girls seemed to enjoy their 1st 4th. We tried to feed them in the van and have them go to sleep during the fireworks but Alyssa and Rachel had other ideas and wanted out of the van to watch the fireworks which they seemed to really enjoy. It was very cute.

It blows my mind that a year ago today we were in Florida celebrating with my parents and I was pregnant with the triplets having no idea what we were having. We haven't been to Florida in a year. I don't think we've ever gone that long without a visit. We miss everyone especially my parents and we can't wait to see them soon!

Hopefully I'll have a few more pictures from today's adventures soon but since I forgot my camera everywhere we went I don't have the pictures yet! You think I would think of these things :)

No comments: