Sunday, July 17, 2011

Where Have You Been?

Yikes! Seems we got back from vacation and instead of settling down things seem to have revved up. Isn't summer supposed to be relaxing?

So, what have we been up to?

Well, after our fiasco on the trip home my dad did NOT have time to re-do the kids bathroom but since he brought his work clothes he so kindly and sweetly (I love you dad!) offered to re-paint my living room. Soo happy :)

He had a few helpers:











It's a good thing I don't have any more kids or my dad may never have gotten started!!

The transformation from green to orange (yes, orange!)



The real painter:



And the orange with some rearranged furniture:



The completed room after a trip to Ikea - I love, love, love it and am already planning out my next room. A hint: it's the dining room but believe it or not I'm NOT repainting.



What else?

Building a cereal tower with Caleb - I think we hit somewhere around 30 boxes of cereal. (Mostly free - hey, couponing is what I do!!)



And celebrating Kaitlyn's birthday. She will be 11 in just TWO days!! Can't believe she's turning into such a big girl and a beautiful young lady. Since we'll be out with friends on her birthday we decided to surprise her with a special family dinner out last night.

We also surprised her with her birthday gift. This is the look that says "I already know what my gift is."



This is the look that says, "Oh my word, it's not what I thought it was!! It's waaaayy better!" (she was expecting her iPod to be fixed and gift wrapped - instead we (along with Grandma and Grandpa) upgraded her to an iPod Touch. Yes, she loves her gift.



My beautiful 11 (almost) year-old. Happy Birthday Baby Girl! I love you so much and so glad that you made me a mother 11 years ago.

No comments: