I love resolutions. I really do. I can't help it. Just the thought of starting new things is like getting a new book that you just haven't read yet but you really want to because you know you're going to learn something great. I always have great plans and hopes - not that I always keep them but it's just fun to try :)
Last year I had 3 resolutions:
1. Finish a novel
2. Spend less
3. Become more organized
Unfortunately I only really did 1 out of the 3. Well, I think I did ultimately spend less but not as little as I would've liked. I did, however, finish another novel and had more success in the writing world then I expected.
So for this year my resolutions are similar but I've added a few more specific ones:
1. Get up a half hour earlier to have devotions - I'm just not doing it daily at other times so I need to make it a priority.
2. Finish another novel - stay tuned - I will be posting on my other blog and if you'd like to read it just send me a note and I will add you to the reading list. And everything will be different this time around - I am really excited to share!
3. Attend another writer's conference - at least I really hope so!! American Christian Fiction Writer's is in Colorado in September and I really want to go.
4. Get published - or more published - my second article just came out in SUPERTWINS magazine but I'd like to really work on getting my fiction published or at least a lot of proposals out.
5. Become more frugal - seriously frugal - I've had great success with The Grocery Game so my plan is to extend my savings everywhere. A good friend and I will be starting a new blog to chronicle our year-long attempt so stay tuned for that too and I will let you know when it's up and ready.
6. Clear the stuff out of my life and get more organized. I did do some this past year with the basement but I need even more.
7. Eat healthier - not really dieting but just healthier and a bigger variety. I'm also hoping to eat out less - less fast food for sure. This will help my diet and the budget!
8. Have another baby - ha ha! Are you laughing? This isn't on my list really - at least I don't think so :)
Have a Happy New Year and I pray that 2009 is a wonderful and prosperous year for us all.
1 day ago