Friday, October 07, 2011

You Know It's Fall When You've Been To the Pumpkin Patch



We're ready to go!



First stop: picking pumpkins















The kids learned how bees pollinate flowers and practiced being bees and ladybugs to bring pollen from one flower to another.







Fancy meeting you here! While we were eating lunch I actually got to spend a little time with Caleb who spent the rest of his day with his class and his teacher.



After lunch we went to feed the animals (the day was getting a lot warmer so Julianna and Rachel took off their sweaters - Alyssa still wanted to wear hers - hard to believe given the heat!)





Alyssa is telling me all about the goats she fed.



"What? That's it. I'm done."



"Please can I have more food to feed the goats and sheep??"





From feeding animals to swinging in a barn - this day is great fun!



We had a great time at the pumpkin patch but we sure were exhausted when the night was over!





6th grade on up didn't get to go on this field trip and I missed Kaitlyn though I can't even be in 2 places at once let alone 3!! I got to spend my day with the girls but that meant I couldn't hang out with Caleb. Fortunately, he did just fine without me and got to do and learn a bunch of great stuff.

1 comment:

Candace Hickey said...

Your children are so cute! I love the sweaters....and the big smiles! Looks like a good day