Sunday, November 20, 2011

Party Like Your Five Years Old

Because that's what we did this weekend! Our party included colored rice, perler bead crafts and lots and lots of coloring.

To me turning 5 is a pretty big deal. Scary deal to mommy but a big deal to the girls. Still we went with the simple party. That's what happens when their birthday is all of 6 days after their brothers AND one week before Thanksgiving. Talking about small planning time and PRESSURE. I think I need to begin planning birthday party #6 right now.

My birthday girls.





Wondering what's so funny? Julianna is trying to show me how she can pick up Rachel. Julianna says she can pick up Rachel because she's so light but not Alyssa because Alyssa is bigger and if she falls over she could "squish me dead" - who thinks of these things?



All their bears were ready to party too. They made sure that each of their bears had party hats on too. So cute!



The biggest attraction of the night was the rainbow rice bucket Kirk and I made the night before. For instructions and photos check out my other blog Tightwads with Triplets

The girls "patiently" waiting to mix up all the rice.



It was a big hit with everyone. A little messy, sure, but so much fun (and honestly pretty easy to clean up).



All the "littles" eating pizza (or pretending to).



After dinner it was birthday cake time and thanks once again to my good friend, Kristy we had three awesome cakes.



I only had one 5 candle (sad right?) so we sung Happy Birthday to each girl one at a time. Seemed right though since they are individuals and not a unit.

Happy 5th Birthday to Julianna Mabel born 11/16/06 at 2:12 PM weighing 5 lbs 2 oz







Happy 5th Birthday to Rachel Gabrielle born 11/16/06 at 2:13 PM weighing 4 lbs 8 oz







Happy 5th Birthday to Alyssa Elaine born 11/16/06 at 2:16 PM weighing 4 lbs 12 oz







And what's a party without some presents?



Happy 5th Birthday to the girls who five years ago changed my life forever!

No comments: