Monday, October 19, 2009

Goodbye To My Very, Very Good Friend



I don't even know where to begin. Joanna and I have been friends for a long time and very close friends for the past 4 years. We were on the phone while she was in labor with her oldest child. Then she ended up having her daughter on Caleb's 1st birthday.

We were meant to be close friends :)

When I got pregnant with the triplets Joanna coordinated everything - made sure I had child care for Kaitlyn and Caleb lined up, meals after the girls were born, baby help when they came home even though she was pregnant with her second child (also know as "best friend Lauren").

We've shared everything for years - our kids were supposed to grow up together - her oldest was going to marry Caleb :) Well, that's in my plan but we'll see how that goes.

And now she's moving away - at least it's not another country but far enough that she won't be down the street when I need her. She won't be here for play dates or long hour chats or girls night out. Sure, there are phones and computers but it's not the same.

I so very much hate to say goodbye....

Joanna - you are like a sister to me and I am sad that you are going to be so far away. Just know that I will miss you but I will not forget you and I will see whenever I can! Love you girl!

(In the picture: me, Joanna, Kristy - we had pictures done on our last girls night out)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your sweet words made me cry. I’m so thankful that God brought us together five years ago, when Kirk invited us to church. We shared so may good times together and through it all I thank God that he put you in my life. I’m going to miss you so much and I hate to go. It is one of the hardest things I have to do. Know that I will always look back on the time we spent together and smile. Love you! Joanna

Candace Hickey said...

Good friends are hard to find....but I am sure you all will remain close. Just an excuse for the 2 of you to get away on a weekend girls trip!

Cadi + 4 said...

What a great photo. You all look so happy. I can see why you'll miss her. I liked her immediately when I met her. She is very warm and caring.