Friday, August 25, 2006

And We're Viable!



I am 24 weeks pregnant today and that means we have made it through 2 huge hurdles. We were told that triplet pregnancies miscarry 20% of the time before 24 weeks. Praise God they are all still in there and that did not happen to us.

The second hurdle is the fact that the babies are now viable. All that means is that if they were born now they would make an effort to save them and the babies would have a chance to survive. Of course, it's still really early for any guarentee of survival and we certainly want them to be in there for many more weeks to come! We are praying for at least 9 more weeks.

I have realized as I look back that I have hardly any pictures of Caleb so I wanted to include one now since I think he's so cute. Unfortunately he knows it and will even tell Kirk after his bath that he wants to go see mommy because I will tell him that he is handsome :) In this picture he's in my huge bed rest chair on loan to me from Corey and Kristy for the duration of my bed rest. Unfortunately, Caleb loves it just a bit too much!

No comments: