Thanks to MaryBeth for nominating me for a Fabulous Blog Award :) You have to draw it out though so it's Faaab-u-lous otherwise it's not as fun...
Here are the rules to receiving this award: 1. You have to pass it on to 5 other fabulous bloggers in a post. 2. You have to list 5 of your fabulous addictions in the post. 3. You must copy and paste the rules and the instructions below in the post. Instructions: On your post of receiving this award, make sure you include the person that gave you the award and link it back to them.
Here are my five addictions:
1. Fun-Dip - I am seriously addicted. It's very low in calories though quite high in sugar (though surprisingly about the same as one soda) but I LOVE eating fun dip. Who knows why - it's just fun to eat and I don't eat any other candy or chips or anything so I save all my "bad" calories for my fun dip :)
2. Crime dramas - ALL of them - CSI, CSI:Miami and New York, The Mentalist (love this new show), Life (love this show that started last year), 24, The Eleventh Hour - Law & Order is okay but it is getting WAY too political and I just don't need that. I'd like to say this is all for research but you do know that the stuff on those shows aren't real. Cops DO NOT have any of these techniques and equipment (per a cop I know, "One piece of equipment on those shows is equal to a year's worth of my department's budget"). That and you CANNOT see a person in a random reflection on a surface nor can you zoom in on a security video where the original video did not zoom in.
3. Reading - about forensics and cops - this is actual research and I am totally addicted. Reading Christian fiction on the subject - generally suspense/intrigue. Reading my Bible and studying theology when I can. This is something I know I need to put into my schedule more. Unfortunately reading takes a back seat to a lot of things. And, of course, I like to read blogs and search the internet for research.
4. WRITING! I LOVE to write novels. And for those of you who are wondering I am finally getting into my next novel and I can't wait to start sharing it - it will even grittier then the last. And writing on my blog - I prefer fiction but at least it's some form of writing.
5. The Grocery Game. Oh my word - it is so awesome! I posted a lot about this a few months ago and at that point I was saving some and doing pretty well. I didn't do it for a few months but recently I have gotten back into it and I have been saving a fortune. Maybe not a fortune but for a family of 7 - I have been saving quite a bit:
For example - last week I spent $128 but I saved $92!! This week I spent $91 but saved $80 - that's almost 50% off of my original order! And I'm buying things I really need. It's like stocking up at BJ's but not paying the actual price. For 4 24 oz. boxes of raisins I spent $6.00 instead of the original price of $16.00.
If you haven't signed up I highly recommend it. But be sure before you do that you have a store in your area that doubles and/or triples coupons - this makes a really big difference. It also helps if there buy one, get one free means that the items are actually 50% off so that you only have to buy one. This has become more and more fun - every week I get seriously excited about clipping coupons and seeing just how much I can save at the store. Last week I actually had to have a manager override my sale because I had saved too much!! So, yea, you could say I'm addicted :)
Here are the blogs I nominate (my friends Cherie and Cadi have already been nominated but I do agree that they have fabulous blogs!!):
I'm sorry I couldn't narrow it down to 5!! And there are so many other fabulous blogs out there but I picked these 5 in the hopes they would participate :) Thanks ladies for letting me share in your lives via the Internet.