Thursday, January 27, 2011

Oh, We Got Some Snow

And for some reason it was enough to cancel school for THREE days!! Of course the kids are excited but it means that the girls have NOT gone to school a single day this week since Monday was a teacher-workday. Oh yes, I'm going crazy.

But at least we got out for a little while today to play in the snow and the kids seem to love the snow more and more every year.

Fair warning: picture heavy! Maybe because the kids are so darn cute :)

I got just one picture of Kaitlyn. Not true - I got a few but none of the others came out - I had the flash all wrong and I washed her out. And of course she was cold and went inside so this is all I got but she's still cute!



Caleb looks handsome playing in the snow - look at those rosy red cheeks!





Rachel loves to play in it but mostly she loves to eat it. Don't ask me why but she really does! Yes, a little gross but aren't kids supposed to eat a pound of dirt in their lives?





"Should I eat it or save it for Valentine's Day?"





Lookin' good without some snow in her hand or mouth.



Alyssa was a little more into playing with her brother in the snow - throwing snowballs is a great way to play!





Sitting on top of the snow mound.



"Helping" Daddy shovel the driveway.



I think Julianna enjoyed the snow most of all. She was out there the longest and wanted to go back out again later in the day.



She even attempted to make her own snowman.



Though her sisters quickly knocked it over and a fight ensued but at least it was an attempt!



"Look mom, snow!"





Daddy gets to do all the work, of course. He certainly does it well :) Thanks honey!



Our first real snow of 2011. Nothing like last year but at least we got covered in the white stuff.





All in all we got about 8 or so inches of snow and the kids are off from school again tomorrow. Well, I did ask for it and my brother and sister-in-law are coming into town tomorrow and THEY asked for it so we got it. Not a ton but enough to take the kids out of school for 3 days, knock the power out in the area and give us some white stuff to play in.

As much as I love snow I'm really hoping that my kids make it to school a few days next week!

No comments: