Thursday, August 11, 2011

My Girls: Julianna

Every day we inch closer to 5 years old. I can hardly believe that it's this close! The girls have all requested that they not turn 5 because they know they will get shots at the doctors. It cracks me up because they will actually catch themselves asking for birthday gifts and realize it means they will have a birthday so then they will say, "not for my birthday mommy, for Christmas because I don't want those shots!" Too funny.

I still get asked from time to time how I tell the girls apart. While everyone still knows which one is Rachel (the blonde one) many people still have trouble telling who is who between Julianna and Alyssa. This always makes me smile because the two of them couldn't be more different than night and day.

To prove my point I thought I would share a little bit about my girls. Julianna is my girly-girl; the one who loves to dress up, to wear make-up, to pretend she's an adult, to get her nails done. So, it doesn't surprise me one bit when new clothes come in the mail (the ones I picked out for our professional fall pictures later this year) that she would want to try them on immediately!

And like a good mother how could I refuse? Besides, I've been anxious to begin learning Photoshop. Yes, me! After all, I'm married to one of the best graphics artists every (yes, I'm a little bias but that doesn't mean it's not the truth!) - on top of which he's a very good teacher so I thought maybe he could show me some things to spruce up some of my photos.

Here's to giving it a try!

My before photo:



And my touch-ups (with Kirk's help of course!)



(yes, I know her bangs are a little long - we're growing them out - hopefully by picture time they will stay back!)

And the whole outfit - my lighting wasn't that great and a little shadowy but she really wanted to pose by the tree.

Before:



I did most of the work on this one though Kirk did some work lightening up her face - hopefully I will find time to improve my skills soon!

After:



And just because she's so cute and having fun and I love the photos of the girls on the steps (you'll see when I get to a post about Alyssa)

Before:



After:



And as if you needed to see more to remind us how much of a girl she is - she also sings and has absolutely no camera shyness! I hope you can hear all the words she says - I couldn't help but laugh at one point - sorry about that!



Yes, yes, I'm in trouble when she grows up and the fact that I have three of them isn't lost on me!! Can't help but love them all though :)

No comments: