Wednesday, August 22, 2007

And We're Home!

Our last day of "vacation" was Monday and we spent the day in the pool, sort of relaxing - I managed to finish a novel - of course I crammed in the end of the book Monday while my mom and soon-to-be sister-in-law took care of the kids and then stayed up too late but I finished! - and packing.

Tuesday we got up at 5, crammed the van and my parent's car full of the rest of the stuff we had to take home (thus our contemplation of a larger vehicle which would be a full-sized van but that's scaring me to death right now!). We were on the road at 6:45 AM - a bit late for me.

The girls did amazing in the morning - we hardly heard a peep. They fell back asleep for a bit and then cried around 8 to eat. After their bottles they were quiet and napped again. Wow! Heaven. Of course it didn't last. They were a wreck by the afternoon and by dinner they'd been in their carseats for 4 hours straight and were losing their minds. We stopped for dinner, changed all their diapers (they really needed that!) and took a break. By the way, no Hardees this time - McDonalds had 3 high chairs and a changing table as did Ruby Tuesday's. Go figure. They took their last bottle at 8 and slept most of the way home which wasn't until 11:30 - 16 1/2 hours after we started!!! Long day.

Today my parents spent a day here and it was so nice to have them. I was unable to unpack all 7 of us and they even helped me clean the house so when they go tomorrow I should have life more under control. Maybe. For a day anyway.

It's too late today to do a slide show of the vacation but I'm going to work on it. To tide you over here's a great pic from today with grandma and grandpa:

1 comment:

Matt said...

I can't believe they are all smiling and looking at the camera!
I'm glad you made it home safe and sound.