Sunday, August 19, 2007

Family and Friends Part II

Days 7,8, and 9: Friday we spent home with the triplets while soon-to-be Aunt Kim took Kaitlyn and Caleb to Chuck E. Cheese :) Then my extended family descended upon the house anxious to meet the triplets. We spent a few hours with them talking and opening some new gifts for the babies - thank you! - before Kirk and I made the long 4 1/2 hour drive across Florida to Ft. Lauderdale.

We arrived around 12:30 AM and for the life of us could not find a hotel! We drove around for almost an hour looking for a place to sleep and then, of course, it starts pouring. So miserable. But we finally found a Best Western to crash at - we were hoping for a little better but were getting nervous we couldn't find any more hotels in Southern Florida before dawn :) Yes, I wish I had a navigational system - I am working on that either alone or in a new vehicle but since our new vehicle would have to be a bus (almost) I'm not sure about that!

The wedding was beautiful and it was great to see another member of my wedding party who I haven't seen in almost 11 years. I think we've seen her since the wedding but if so it was a good 10 years ago and my memory doesn't go back that far. Most days my memory can't remember yesterday...

So, a few pics from our weekend - today we spent at church and my brother's house - forgot my camera...

My Great Aunt Carolyn with Julianna



My Uncle Jimmy with Rachel (my dad's oldest brother)



And my Uncle Ricky and Aunt Heidi with Alyssa (my dad's next oldest brother and sister-in-law)



The blushing bride, Kristy Fisher turned Kristy Hamilton :)



Me and Kristy - she looks a lot better! See what 5 kids does to a person?!!



The happy couple: Paul and Kristy Hamilton - congratulations guys I couldn't be happier for you both! Love ya!

No comments: