Monday, September 15, 2008

T-Ball

I am the proud mama of a baseball player! Technically T-ball but I'm so excited that he is doing something for boys :) I grew up watching my younger brothers play and have looked forward to the day I too would be on the ball field watching my own son play. And since I only have one son I am all the more thrilled to watch him be a boy :)



The good news is that he really likes it. He just has fun getting out there and playing. His favorite part? When they slap hi-fives at the end and say "good job" to each other. The bad news? He's not that good or at least he's not a natural. I have no idea what that would look like at 4 years old but right now we have to yell at him repeatedly to pay attention and to run the bases. But I can see significant improvement since he first got out there at a practice a few weeks ago.



Tonight he was first at bat and actually did pretty well - he got a hit and made it to first base :) Of course, all the kids stood there till they hit and while some of the kids were already very good at hitting the ball no one had the whole idea of baseball down yet. They played three innings which meant until every kid had batted and run the bases. No one kept track of the score or the outs.



Caleb got to play catcher and third base this time - he will rotate through every position. Hopefully by Saturday he'll catch on a little more. It's still cute to watch all these little boys (and some girls) play baseball (t-ball).



This is his "ready stance" - he really has been practicing - I think he'll do so much better as he gets older. I just hope he has fun doing it!



And the girls:









The boy in the picture with Rachel is my friend, Kathy's son, Jesse. Jesse's big brother, Liam is on the team with Caleb and their dad, Bill is the coach.

This is the only picture I got of Rachel by herself:

5 comments:

Cadi + 4 said...

Oh, poor Rachel. Why is she crying?

Caleb looks good in the uniform, that's all that really counts, right?

The G's said...

Is that a headband Kaitlyn is wearing? How did you manage that?

MaryBeth said...

It'll be nuts when the girls are all old enough to be doing various sports. I often wonder if mine will choose to do the same things or go out every gal for herself?!?

Tripletblessed said...

Yea!! I'm so excited and scared of 3 kids in sports.

Denise said...

I don't know if it is possible to be a "natural" at 4. I played soft ball for years. My older daughter played for one year. Sports is not her thing. Oh well. I get another shot with three kids. Of course my older son decided on tennis. I just don't get that sport, I like to play but just for fun.
I hope he gets better at it but more importantly, I hope he has fun playing!