Saturday, September 13, 2008

Yearly Trip To Six Flags

Today was Kirk's work's yearly picnic at Six Flags and as always we were very excited about it. I LOVE Six Flags - mostly the Superman ride - it's my all-time favorite ride. And Kirk's company buys out the park for the day and we pay just $10 (per person) for the entire day including food and drinks around the park - seriously no better deal!!

It started out as a great day - we had the triplets covered by bigger triplets :) Well, two of three bigger triplets and their mom and we even got to the park before the gates opened. That has never happened before! We headed to the back of the park to ride the good rides but we made one fatal mistake.

We decided to ride the Penguin's Blizzard River - we've never ridden it before. Made me horribly sick. I do not handle turning in circles well at all! I spent the rest of the day fighting a headache and nausea. Despite my misery the rest of the family had fun and I did manage to ride Superman twice (though it's not as fun when you feel horrible). Pictures from the day (roll over pictures if you want to read the captions):



And while we were gone it seems the girls didn't miss us a bit!! They got tons of attention, played outside and inside - went on a walk, watched TV, played on the swings and read books. What more could three girls want on a Saturday? They even got a nice bath :)

Rene and Rebekah are 9 years old and everything I know about triplets I learned from them and their mom (brother Ryan was on a camping trip with his dad). I knew their mom, Ute, before, during and obviously since her pregnancy with the triplets. Knowing her great outcome helped me be a lot less scared of my own triplet pregnancy. Obviously she hasn't lost her touch (of course, having two 9-year-olds who love babies and help out with everything helps too!!). Thanks Ute and girls...



So, for next year I'll just remember NOT to ride the horrible twisting ride AND to bring myself some Advil! It seems to have made things a lot better. Despite my physical difficulties I am already looking forward to next year...

4 comments:

Cadi + 4 said...

Looks like tons of fun. That sucks that you got sick right at the beginning.

Candace Hickey said...

Oh no...so sorry you got sick. That is nice that the company rents out Six Flags. We live neat a Six Flags here but I, too, acquired motion sickness about 10 years ago and can no longer ride anything fast. :(
Also, the pictures look great! It sounds like everyone had a good time...oh try to take Dramine next time. :)

Angie said...

Oh WOW! That looks like fun! I love amusement parks and roller coasters! Looks like some fun rides...sorry you didn't feel well. I can relate. I don't do well with spinning in circles either. :p

How wonderful that the girls had a special day too!

Tripletblessed said...

yuck sorry you felt so bad. Sounds like it was still fun though. I'm also a HUGE Six Flags fan and really jealous you got in that cheap that is great.