Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Alyssa Likes It!

After a full month of attempting to get the girls to try solid food, Alyssa actually seemed to like lunch today but she absolutely does NOT like being strapped in a chair on the bench. I had to move her into her regular feeding chair which are these blue rockers from Fisher Price (they become toddler rockers for later on provided the girls don't ruin them with their...well...fluids). She actually opened her mouth and swallowed!! Made mommy's day :) Julianna and Rachel are still quite against it.

Speaking of Rachel, she is still against food of all kinds. Julianna will at least take a bottle and by that I mean sometimes as much as 10 ounces. Is a baby even supposed to eat that much at one sitting?? At the same time Julianna is doing this Rachel has probably completed 2 maybe 3 ounces (on a good day) and is refusing to eat more. Then comes the battle and if we're really, really, really having a good day we can get a full 7 ounces in but usually we give up around 5 and pray she doesn't wither and die.

We go to the doctor on Thursday and if he so much as mentions that baby's grow at different rates I will hand him Rachel and tell him I will be back to get her in a week and she'd better not be dead!! Sorry, one of the downfalls to having triplets is that doctor's think you are stupid when you bring up a concern about one baby because all they can say is that baby's are different and I can't expect Rachel to eat like Julianna. Well, of course not, how many babies actually eat 10 ounces at a feeding?! However, is it too much to ask that my child eats? I mean, food, not just her hands...

I will let you know how it goes. As for mommy, I saw the endocronologist yesterday and it turns out my thyroid is off again and is now underactive - for those of you who don't know I have struggled with Grave's Disease (hyperactive thyroid) since 2002 when I had it mostly removed. It was under control but now it is out of balance again. I guess it explains my exhaustion and I thought it was just the babies!!

No comments: