Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Steps Forward and Setbacks

In an attempt to return my life to normal or at least make me believe it is I'm attempting to get back into one of my old loves - writing. Along with writing fiction comes reading it. Unfortunately I have about no time for either so instead I've signed up for a writing course that can start me over a bit. We'll see how it goes. Maybe someday I'll finally be published :)

Also, Rachel seems to be doing really well on the Podee bottles. We just started the new medicine yesterday so I'm not sure if that has kicked in or not but we've actually stopped fighting her at feedings which has been a huge blessing.

As for other things, naps are going poorly - someone is always screaming and keeping the others awake making the girls miserable later in the evening. I have to figure out what else to do to makes our days easier. I've never had this problem before!

And even worse, yesterday Kaitlyn's teacher was let go because of financial issues at her school. Our family is devestated. We all loved her teacher very much and somehow it feels like someone close to us has died. Two other kids have left her class because of it so now instead of 6 she has just 4 and a volunteer parent who is now teaching. Kaitlyn is doing okay but has asked me a number of times why it had to be her teacher. Breaks my heart...

1 comment:

Matt said...

Where in the world did you find time for a writing course? I'm jealous. :-) Happy for you!