Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A Day For The Record Books

If our house doesn't land in the Guiness Book of World Records for most vomit in a household I don't want to be near the one that does!! My day begins just fine other than me breaking out in hives - again - it's been going on for over 2 weeks and I have no idea what I'm allergic to. So, I finally call the doctor to make an appointment because I'm just going crazy.

The girls were cranky yesterday but that's not unusual. This morning they got up at 9:30 (they've been sleeping better lately) and they all ate their breakfast just fine. I put Julianna in the jumper after she was done and she just jumps everywhere - so cute - thus the video yesterday - makes me laugh every time. Then she stops and throws up everywhere. This didn't strike me as odd because the girls sometimes spit up. So, the girls play but seem cranky and tired so my friend, Barb, and I put them down for a nap while all the other kids play. Kaitlyn is telling me she's sick but she says that a lot.

Yep, you got it, she throws up too. And has been throwing up since. When the girls get up from their nap we make them bottles again but Julianna has thrown up in her crib and is dry heaving on herself in her "highchair". Then after they eat, Alyssa throws up everywhere too. I can't believe it! Three puking kids.

But, it gets better, the girls nap for 3 hours because they are sick and exhausted. At their "dinner" bottle they all eat okay but Alyssa is still feeling sick and she's dry heaving and then after dinner throws up on the floor, on herself and on me. While the girls are screaming Rachel decides she can't be left out and she too throws up everywhere.

I have never seen anything so crazy. Oh, yea, and it's raining and we lose electricity for a bit. Thankfully not long.

Anyway, that has been my day and it isn't over yet. Right now I'm just hoping they sleep tonight without throwing up on themselves! Kaitlyn included in that.

P.S. I did make it to the doctor and he gave me some steroids to get rid of the hives. Still have no idea what I could be allergic to but hopefully this will help.

P.P.S. Make that 5 vomiting kids. Not to be left out Caleb joined his sisters a little after 10 this evening. Thank God for washing machines because every cover and bedsheet is in there and I'd be surprised if we got any sleep tonight. Happy Birthday to Kirk!! He turns 32 tomorrow and if there's no post it's because he and/or I are throwing up :) We are terrible with holidays! Look back at Christmas - I was sick then...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoa...I'll be praying for you guys! I guess that's why we haven't gotten together this week! I'm thankful that I'm only dealing with a dog who's throwing up...which makes for a queasy pregnant mommy...but that's nothing compared to the Nelson home! Get Well Soon! And Happy Birthday Kirk!!