Thursday, July 03, 2008

Not A Moment Too Soon

We have arrived safely back in Virginia! Yea! I am sooo happy to be home and it's not a moment too soon. Alyssa has been able to climb out of her pack n play in Florida for quite some time but yesterday at nap Rachel was in the same room during nap for the first time in weeks and she mimicked Alyssa right away and climbed right out after nap. Both of them showed up in the family room without help. Deciding her new-found skill was a good one, Rachel promptly climbed out of bed twice last night and had to be put back. Guess how thankful I was that was our last night there?? Tonight she can sleep in her bed with it's much higher sides and hopefully she'll forget all about last night's adventures because I am NOT ready for toddler beds just yet.

Thank you for all your prayers for a safe journey and after almost 3500 miles in just under 6 weeks (900 of those drive today) we have made it to Florida and back in one piece. It was a VERY long 17 hour day but the girls did as well as 1 year olds can be expected to do. Kaitlyn and Caleb were great and put up with lots and lots of Elmo and The Laurie Berkner Band.

Soooo glad to be home!!

4 comments:

MaryBeth said...

Glad you guys are safe and sound at home... I said a few prayers for you today knowing you were making the long drive.

Cadi + 4 said...

I highly recommend the crib tents I bought a while back. They were $40 each but worth every penny as I would have had to resort to toddler beds much sooner than I wanted to. I don't plan to put mine in toddler beds until they can no longer fit in a crib. Ever hear of a 10 year old still sleeping in a crib? If you need info just holler.

Glad to see you home.

Cadi

Tripletblessed said...

So glad that you are back home.
I'm with Cadi if they climb out definitly get the crib tents. James has had his since November and reminds me to zip him up every night. I plan on keeping them in the cribs until kindergarden :).

Denise said...

So glad to hear you guys made it home safe and sound. I hope you had a more peaceful night and everyone stayed in their beds. Sorry this is late but I am still so behind on everything. Geez, I don't think I will ever catch up.