Two is often called the "terrible twos" and there are many, many days where I feel this is true but there are SOOO many things that I absolutely love about this age.
- On Wednesday Kirk had the kids because I was working at my consignment sale - they had just visited me and Julianna was upset that she had had to leave a book behind - apparantly she screamed most of the way home - Rachel says to Julianna: "that's nough Nanna! Stop screaming."
- I love when they talk to each other - Rachel will say "where are you Nanna?" and Julianna will say "I right here, I coming!"
- I love when they hold hands and play together - when I can get them to all hold hands and walk with me into the grocery store it is seriously the cutest thing I've ever seen!! I also love when they give each other hugs or hold hands to play ring-a-round the rosey.
- Whenever I leave now they each need a big kiss. Even tonight before bed Julianna came up to me and asked for a kiss - I love it!
- I always have someone to sit on my lap - sure I often have other things to do but when I had just one at a time they were too busy doing their own things to want to sit with mom now I have three girls who fight over me and I could spend every waking minute holding someone or sitting with someone in my lap - the cuddles go away so quickly I want to enjoy them now even when I need to clean up or get dinner done!
- I love that everything is new - what they say is new, what they figure out is new - the birds in the sky, the cars on the road, what animals say, what colors are - it's such a wonderful opportunity to watch them grow and I wouldn't miss it for the world!
- It's so cute when they copy each other. One does something and the other thinks it is so fun that it must be done. Tonight Alyssa was having fun hiding under a little blanket - Julianna noticed and went to find her own blanket, laid down under it and they both giggled and kicked.
- There's nothing more fun when all five kids play together. When Caleb tries to entertain his sisters and when the girls ask for their big brother and sister. Here I caught Caleb reading with all the babies on the chair (yea, I know about the blinds - not sure if the kids did that or the cat - it's on my list...)
Caleb caught me so of course he had to cheese for the camera - he often asks me to come down to the basement and bring the camera so I can take pictures of what he does with his sisters. He wants it all to go on the blog! How cute is he?
- I mostly love that they are still so little and have no idea how little they are and they are just so stinkin' cute!
Even on my hardest days one laugh or hug from any one of them makes every party of my "job" worth it. Maybe the two's aren't so terrible after all :) I have been given the privilege of raising 5 beautiful children and I'm going to do my best to enjoy it.
Best Black Friday Deals 2017
10 hours ago