We all have those days. You know the ones where you are too tired to care that your kids haven't been dressed in a few days. But, of course, some days are worse then others.
So I confess:
1. That every day is pajama day until about 4 PM unless we actually have to go somewhere.
2. That I let the triplets brush their own teeth when I'm alone in the bedtime routine. Come on, they're baby teeth, they're gonna fall out someday! That and I'd like to see the dentist come to my house and try to fight my girls on the teeth thing - HATE IT!!
3. That $5, $10, heck $50 is a small price to pay for my sanity thus pizza night or McDonalds - God bless them for being there!
4. That I don't mind sharing my breakfast/lunch/dinner with 3 two-year-olds - I just convince myself that they've eaten all the parts that contain calories.
5. That Dora is a wonderful show - she is there to teach my kids. Right? They will know Spanish by the time they're 4.
6. That shows like Yo Gabba Gabba or Barney were not created by evil people who hate mothers everywhere and if kids like them then I can cringe right through it. Heck, I'll even confess to DVR'ing (is that a word?) the shows for them. Heaven help me!
7. That I had triplets so they could entertain each other - makes my job easier right?!
8. That I don't come running every time I hear crying - if they can walk to me then nothing's broken :)
9. That there is really no point in picking up toys - especially Legos right now - because they'll only get dumped again. Yes, this is what I tell myself as I stare at the mound of toys that seems to collect everywhere. Who buys them all this stuff anyway? And why can't I just throw it all away?!
10. That I will accept all babysitting offers given except from the guy who's holding the sign "will work for food".
11. That sleep is over-rated but God bless my husband for letting me sleep in on Saturdays!
12. That I live for naptime and bed time even if they stay awake in their rooms for hours on end (average sleep time for them these days - about 11 PM after I've removed every light possible from their room - maybe I should start doing it earlier?!)
13. That I'm too lazy to potty train right now - they'll be ready when they're ready and I'm okay with that. See #3 - I'm paying for my sanity in diapers!
14. That I gladly hand over reams of paper to my crayon weilding toddlers to draw on just to keep them happy. I think we go through as much printer paper as any office supply store! I kid you not!!
15. That I love all my kids more then anything (yes, including the triplets!) and I wouldn't trade my crazy life for anything else in the world :)
1 day ago