Monday, September 17, 2007

My Crazy "Lazy" Day

So, Monday's are one of the days that Kaitlyn and Caleb are both in school and I'm home with just the girls. Usually these days are a bit more relaxing. Sort of.

7:30 AM - jump out of bed, still exhausted to get Kaitlyn and Caleb ready for school - today was picture day so no uniforms just "cute" clothes. Had a problem with Kaitlyn's shoes but hopefully she'll make do - she looks adorable!

8:30 AM - get the triplets up who have been awake for some time but would truly slow me down if they were allowed to be up and about. Usually I get them all up, dump them in their carseats with their bottles and head out the door (God only knows what we're going to do when they're off bottles in a few months - can't think about it). This morning, of course, Julianna is stinky and in need of a diaper change but not just a diaper change - a clothes change - everything. She's gross.

8:45 AM - we're ten minutes late but we're out the door! Kids make it to school on the dot - hopefully they weren't a minute late by the time they walked in their classes. That would be bad.

9:15 AM - back home. Today is laundry day. It must be done - it's been more than a week because I was too busy last week working on the club yard sale and didn't have time - everyone's out of clothes. I'm only saved because Kaitlyn did not need to wear a uniform today - Caleb's PE uniform isn't clean but I guess he'll deal. I apologize to him now when he remembers this in therapy years to come.

10:00 AM - girls are falling apart - not even close to naptime. One load of laundry going. I don't think I've mentioned the torch. Here's the thing, I'm 100% convinced that the girls have a torch that reads "I will torture mommy today" At first Alyssa held this torch and screamed A LOT till my ear drums almost burst. But then she handed it off to Rachel who would scream all the time (I know I've shared this). Well, Rachel has handed this torch off to Julianna because my sweet, easy baby has turned into a mommy hog. If anyone is on my lap she will climb me till I put her in it instead. She's usually whining and climbing me - mostly in a good mood but it's hard to attend to anyone else when she's constantly grabbing me.

Just before 11:00 AM - girls are going down for a nap!! Break time for me. I guess. At noon I decide I'm exhausted and want to nap too - it was a crazy weekend and I didn't get much sleep so I lay there and fall into a fitful sleep dreaming of more babies then I have and for some reason they are named in alphabetical order from A to Z - they are not all mine - I think I am protecting them so the world can be saved. Thank God that's a dream!

1:30 PM - we're all up and feeding the girls "lunch" - also trying to figure out why my washing machine has a distress code and the load that should have been long finished is still not clean. It says "F" - I don't know what that means so I search for the manual. Guess what "F" means? It means restart the machine and if you see this message again call a professional. What??!! This machine is brand new and doesn't it know I have four more loads behind this one?!! Thankfully this is actually the 2nd load of laundry today and the first load is still drying - the load that contains my daughter's uniforms. At least I plan ahead a little bit :)

2:15 PM - I'm cleaning the girls who are gross from their lunch. They haven't quite figured out how to eat banana. I'm thinking this will be a good blog entry and trying to remember everything I should write down...

3:00 PM - leave to get the kids from school. They are so happy to see me and that just makes my day. The cutest thing is the two of them holding hands and running to give me a hug. I love it. I just have to remind myself that someday the triplets will give me hugs as well...

4:00 PM - a real rest! The older two are playing outside in this gorgeous weather and the triplets are napping. Actually napping, not screaming while in their beds as is often the case.

5:30 PM - mad dash for dinner - just leftover tonight from all the good cooking I did last week. Working on planning meals monthly and freezing them so I bought 2 new cookbooks: Don't Panic - Dinner's in the Freezer and Once Monthly Cooking. I'm very excited about this. Also using my crockpot and shopping with the Grocery Game which tells me where and when to purchase foods on sale and what coupons to use. The problem, of course, is the time to write all these grocery lists down and to take the time to cook. So far I haven't made it past one day's worth of groceries and dinner...

6:00 PM - shove food down our throats - this isn't a normal thing but we had a PTF meeting tonight at school and we had to be there by 6:30 - at least the kids ate their mac and cheese :) Oh, I also ordered another cookbook called Beyond Macaroni and Cheese - obviously that one hasn't come in the mail yet!

6:30 PM - PTF meeting - love it because someone else is playing with the babies and I can sit still for a little bit - sort of anyway. The girls were in 3 different directions except when dad brought out the keys - then they were fighting...

7:45 PM - back home from the meeting and time for bath for all 5 kids. Kaitlyn decides she is too old for a bath and gets a shower instead. Mom runs around gathering bedtime clothes as well as clothes for tomorrow to make my life easier in the morning. Some of the clothes retrieved from the 6 baskets of laundry waiting to be folded tomorrow. Thank God Aunt Karen will be here to help :)

8:45 PM - all kids in bed - time for mom to finish the laundry, make the lunches and finish the blog entry I started many hours ago.

Maybe I'll be in bed by midnight. And that's a day in my new life. Wondering what else I do on my downtime? Besides checking the clock every few minutes when the babies are up :) I spend my time counting teeth!

The new total:
Julianna - 6 still but I swear I can see the buds of 4 more - just waiting for them to break through.

Alyssa - still has her 4

Rachel - the big news!! She has 2!! That second tooth popped right in after the 1st one - so cute in her massive smile.

No comments: