Wednesday, September 12, 2007

No More Gummy Smiles

It's official! Rachel has her first tooth. It's hard to see and barely there but I can feel it and see the tip breaking through the surface. Just shy of ten months she finally gets her first tooth. It's funny how teething and motor skills have nothing in common - that child is a monkey and certainly acting her age where mobility is concerned! I might also add that she's turning into a more pleasant child and is the only one of the three who doesn't follow me around everywhere I go.

Okay, I tried taking pictures of this a few days ago but I have to share my frustration about feeding the girls. They are eating better and really love Gerber puffs. This isn't the problem. The problem is that baby food is way too runny and their feet taste way too good while I'm trying to feed them. Recently they have stopped chewing on their feet except when I try to put food in their mouth.

I tried to capture how things get - I'm not sure if you can tell how messy Julianna is. I swear today she was wearing a sleeper and managed to get food all down her bib, behind her neck, in her hair, on the toes of the sleeper (because she puts them in her mouth) and all down her leg. In this picture I was trying to get her leg because it was so covered.



Rachel can go either way depending on whether or not she likes the food but is rare that she covers herself in food.



By drastic contrast Alyssa is very, very clean. She opens her mouth for every bite and doesn't spew it out like Julianna. A princess all around - even in her eating.



I just had to share because it was driving me crazy this morning. We use wipes to clean them off - Alyssa takes me half a wipe, Rachel usually just one but Julianna takes 3 or 4 - I kid you not. I don't even know how she does it so quick except that she likes to help the food into her mouth with her hand and then takes that covered hand and rubs in on her clothes if she's covered or leg if she's not.

No comments: