Thursday, November 15, 2007

Last Day

Today is the girls last day before they're one. I can't help but think about where I was last year. Spending my last day pregnant in the hospital. The thought of having them out was both exciting and terrifying. My mom was in the air heading back from Florida after my grandmother's funeral. Strangely she'll be in the air tonight flying to see us once again so she can be here for the girl's first birthday tomorrow.

As I look back over the past year I can't believe how far we've come. I also can't believe how cranky these girls still are! I spend a lot of my day running away from them as they crawl after me crying. Even Julianna is very attached - mostly to my jewelry though - she'd like to rip that off my neck :) She's also become very attached to a stuffed tiger - I'll try to get a picture of that soon.

No one is truly walking yet. They all will take a step or two but only if they're not paying attention. I'm hoping someone will take more steps next week when Grandma and Grandpa are here. Knowing then they'll all start walking right after they leave.

And that's where we are today, this birthday eve. I am as anxious and excited as I was a year ago as I think of a new year ahead. At least this year I don't have a doctor asking me to wait another week :) And I'm physically much more comfortable which I am certainly happy about.

When I post again the girls will be one. I promise to take lots of pictures tomorrow to document their big day and then again on Saturday when we celebrate the first year with family and friends. A big thanks to everyone who has helped to get us this far. We couldn't have made it without your prayers and support!

No comments: