Friday, November 16, 2007

WE ARE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my word, oh my word! We have survived one entire year of having triplets. It just doesn't seem possible that we have had one Christmas, one New Years, one 4th of July, one Kaitlyn birthday, one Caleb birthday all with the girls. Hasn't it been longer then that? Ha! Okay, it feels like it.

So, in honor of their birthday here's a comparison:

On 11/16/06:

12:00 AM - finished my last meal - no more eating for hours

On 11/16/07:

12:00 AM - just getting into bed after talking to my parents who did make it in safely though a bit delayed.

On 11/16/06:

7:00 AM - tons of nurses in my room, lots of discussion about an IV, more nurses promising me I could rest but here they were bugging me again. Oh, and I was on the contraction monitor and consistently contracting.

On 11/16/07:

7:00 AM - not up yet - I get up at 7:30 to get Kaitlyn and Caleb ready for school - they made it on time again today - go me!

2006

10:00 AM - still waiting, still no IV - no one could figure out if I needed a huge needle or a small needle. The big needle meant I wanted some anesthesia which meant the nurse couldn't do it and we had to wait for an anesthesiologist to numb the area first. Also, being bugged by people drawing blood over and over because they forgot a test. And the girl drawing the blood just wouldn't leave because oh my word! I was having triplets.

2007

10:00 AM - giving the triplets a few birthday presents. Don't they just love it?



2006

11:00 AM - having lots of contractions - the monitor is constantly spiking and I'm beginning to feel them. Go figure I'd have consistent contractions for the first time the day of my scheduled C-section. I was checked - no dilation :( I am also starving and very thirsty. Let me tell you - I slowly drank that water to take my Synthroid - it was all I got.

2007

11:00 AM - eating a very good Thanksgiving meal at Kaitlyn and Caleb's school. Lots of turkey, mashed potatoes and cranberries. Lots of dessert and drinks too. Definitely not hungry or thirsty :)









2006

12:00 PM - by this point I had been wheeled out of my room and placed into a prep area before my C-section. Still on the contraction monitor and still contracting. My scheduled time was noon but kept getting put off due to emergency C-sections. Finally got my IV and ended up being the small needle so felt stupid getting anesthesia. Wanted to jump the girl two curtains down from me when her husband came to complain to the doctors that his wife was waiting to give birth. I was about to give birth to triplets and had been in that stupid hospital for 6 weeks - I was going first!! Also got asked a few times by the doctor if extra people could sit in to watch a multiples delivery.

2007

12:00 PM - heading home for the week after our meal to put the girls down for a nap and take a small "break".

2006

2:00 PM - in the surgical suite and feeling fine with my spinal since I can't feel anything from my chest down. Thankfully I couldn't see my huge stomach out there for everyone to see!

2:12 PM - Julianna Mabel is born
2:13 PM - Rachel Gabrielle is born
2:16 PM - Alyssa Elaine is born





2007

2:00 PM - running errands with my dad for tomorrow's birthday party while the girls napped.

2006

4:00 PM - babies beat me to the recovery area but I soon follow and am out of it completely. Food is far from my mind! I do remember being wheeled down the hallways with all three babies across my chest. This was my first taste of being stared at by other people as we certainly drew a crowd with that scene.

2007

4:00 PM - getting the babies up from nap to eat their bottles - this is pretty much their last day on formula - thank God! - now we have to work on getting them to eat more "people" food :) Might be cheaper but those bottles are sooo convenient.

2006

6:00 PM - I don't remember as much of the evening as I should - I was in a lot of pain - I know that Kirk let everyone know about the babies and that they were doing fine and eating well.

2007

6:00 PM - Grandpa and Grandma gave the girls their gifts - they also opened gifts from their uncles and soon-to-be aunt. They liked the riding zebra but Alyssa liked it the best :)









2006

8:00 PM - I'm exhausted, they've already brought the babies in a few times but there's no way I can nurse them so we're feeding them bottles. Still in my bed and very swollen. Quite out of it and just so tired. Slowly beginning to drink liquid.

2007

8:00 PM - Singing Happy Birthday to the girls. They had a small cake since the big party is actually tomorrow but they seemed to really enjoy it!

Before Cake:



After Cake:







We survived a whole year with 5 kids! Now we have to get through their party tomorrow! And another year after that...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! You made it! God is good. Can you put the slideshow on here? It was sooo cute!