Monday, May 12, 2008

Grocery Game Tracker Week 5

Since we will be going out of town next week I'll make this my last week on the subject. A few things I have learned:

1. The Grocery Game saves a lot of time
2. Using the Grocery Game as indicated saves way more money then using coupons alone
3. Using coupons at the wrong time mean missing out on a free item later
4. The system isn't perfect and there have been plenty of times were the sale wasn't actually there or the coupon was different, etc.
5. It's a great way to stock up on things like ziploc bags, detergent, toothpaste, medicine, toilet paper, paper towels, etc. I can now avoid all of these items at BJ's - seriously.

How did I do today? Probably the best trip ever. I spent $54.55 at Harris Teeter and saved over $34. This doesn't include milk this time but I am completely stocked up on Ziploc bags and tupperware containers - each of them cost me less then $.50! I got some Glade Air Freshener spray for $.50 a thing. I got so much stuff on sale and cheap.

My overall verdict is that it really works and does save a lot of time. Maybe not on individual groceries but on all those stock-up kinds of items. In the end it will cut down on my BJ's list and save me lots of money there.

As for my meals this week:

Monday: Meatloaf with rice and broccoli - all things I already had at the house
Tuesday: Pasta with sausage - remember I got that on sale last week
Wednesday: Hamburgers and corn and baked beans - I only had to buy the buns
Thursday: Okay, I admit I just can't think that far ahead right now so I have no idea but I do know I have enough stuff in this house from the past few weeks to come up with something great!
And then it's the weekend and as always it's a wing-it, eat-out, eat leftovers kind of time - too much going on for meal prep!

No comments: