- The American Academy of Pediatrics recommend that children under the age of 2 watch 0 hours of TV.
- Yesterday my girls watched 12 hours of TV including 6 hours of Elmo alone
- The AAP recommends that children under age 2 have 6 to 8 ounces of juice a day.
- Yesterday my girls had 16 to 20 ounces of juice.
- The AAP recommends that children under age 8 remain strapped into a carseat while the vehicle in motion
- Yesterday my kids remained painfully strapped into carseats for 16 hours despite their massive protests
- The AAP recommends that children under age 2 take at least one two hour nap a day.
- Yesterday my girls took two hours worth of naps total and combined - Rachel took 3 twenty minute naps, Alyssa took one and Julianna took one thirty minute nap. Yep, that was my total break.
On the bright side we made it safely to Florida and to Grandma and Grandpa's house. It was a long and painful trip - at least the last few hours were most painful and confirm my desire NOT to try and make the trip at night. It was 10 PM and Rachel was crying every three minutes - she did NOT go to sleep for any stretch of time. Julianna fell asleep at 9:30 and slept till we arrived at 11, Alyssa fell asleep at 10 and woke up again about 10:45 - she was wide awake when we arrived. Somehow I don't see any of them sleeping all night as we drove because remember we had gotten them up at 6:30 AM and none of them had slept more than an hour for the entire day.
So, we are here. Today the girls had their first swim in the pool since last year and they all LOVED it. They will be swimming laps before we leave. The older two are fish as always and stalked the pool for hours before we actually let them in.
Pictures and updates to come. Right now I'm still recovering from yesterday. And thankfully the AAP has no idea what I'm doing with my kids at any moment in time. I'm sure yesterday's TV viewing has delayed my kids learning by at least the next two weeks but oh well, it got me here!!