Wednesday, February 04, 2009

A New Alyssa!!



It seems like just yesterday I was introducing "Best Friend Lauren" and now I have the pleasure of announcing best friend Lauren's new baby sister, Alyssa Jane. She arrived yesterday 2/3 at 2:57 PM weighing in at 7.11 pounds and 20 inches long.




Now not only do Joanna and I have two kids born on the same date a year a part, our last daughters are named Alyssa :) Great minds think alike! For the record, I'm thrilled she used the same name - doesn't bother me a bit. Just confirms it's a good name :) Alyssa Elaine and Alyssa Jane - go figure.

As for my Alyssa please pray for her. She will be evaluated for a speech delay on March 6th. I'm not particularly worried - she may just require some therapy but I want to know as soon as I can whether or not she has any delay and if so, what I can do about that.

I also want to say congratulations to my friend Sally who welcomed Violet Dawn last Friday. Congrats girls on your new babies!

1 comment:

Denise said...

First, what a beautiful baby girl. Congrats to your friend.
Second, we have our speech evals on the 23rd. I will let you know how it goes. I think Lucy will be just fine and won't need ST but not so sure about the boys. At any rate, I am having all evaluated.