Sunday, February 01, 2009

Help, My Girls Like Dora!


I have been dreading this day for so long. I'm not a big fan of kids shows. There probably aren't many parents who are. But there are some shows that I find less annoying then others. Dora is one that annoys me. I know she shouldn't - she's a small kid with a huge head that couldn't possibly really be held up by her body who runs around unsupervised saving the world with a monkey named Boots. It should be a cute show - it is sometimes - Caleb LOVED Dora for a long time. Now the girls like her too - I was hoping this day wouldn't come.

I think it's the repetitive nature of the show. After a while I just want to say "enough already! They got it!"

The map sings, "I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm THE MAP!" Really? What else would he be? He's a rolled up piece of paper!

Then he tells Dora over and over and over where she needs to go. "river, forest, purple mountain; river, forest, purple mountain; river, forest, purple mountain, etc." Then Dora asks us where we have to go. Was she not listening?! Why is the map telling us anyway?

And can Dora really save anything? Ugh, the things we mothers go through just to make it through the day :)

What shows annoy you?

4 comments:

Momma-of-5 said...

Have you ever heard Brian Reagen? He does a joke about the guy that came up with the Map song! HYSTERICAL!

MaryBeth said...

I can totally sympathize!! My girls all love Dora too, and my mom encourages them by buying the dvd's.... augh!!!!

Cherie said...

You are so funny!

My boys don't like Dora at all (thank God!) but they love Mickey Mouse clubhouse.

The only problem? They call Mickey, "Elmo." Totally confusing.

Candace Hickey said...

Okay, this cracks me up! Mine love Yo Gabba Gabba and Wow, Wow Wubbzy. Talk about annoying!!

They also LOVE Backyardigans so we try to watch that show more....he he he