Tuesday, May 05, 2009

I'm Not Even Close To Ready!

I should be packing. I really should. Kirk pulled out the suitcases, they're in the hallway. I have the clothes to put in them yet I'm not moving.

In 4 days we are heading to Florida. A week from tomorrow we are heading to Colorado. The conference.

I got accepted into the intensive fiction clinic - a total of 6 people get in. Now, we're all critiquing each other's stuff. I know, helpful isn't it? This is what you're doing wrong, now fix it! Really, that is helpful I'm just worried my copy will have a TON of red ink on it :( Just lots to do before I go - a lot of it mental.

As for the kids -

Kaitlyn finishes 3rd grade in 3 days - oh my word, could that be true?

Caleb will FINALLY finish with preschool and be MORE then ready for Kindergarten in the fall - he's already reading for goodness sake!

And the girls are learning they can climb in and out of their cribs - fun times. Fortunately like my bigger kids when they were little they all love their beds and don't climb out when they're not supposed to but we are inching closer and closer to toddler beds.

Julianna likes to sit on the potty but never goes and the other two don't care. I'm in no hurry - diapering is a lot easier for me then pottying even if it is more expensive - enough on that for now :)

Okay, that's the update - no pictures right now - can you believe it? Still have to pack up 5 kids plus myself, put away the winter clothes for the 3rd time (do you suppose it will ever be spring??) and do all the laundry so I can bring ALL the summer clothes and put away all the winter clothes.

Fun times.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I'm exhausted after reading that. Not sure how bringing three kids over could actually be a good thing, but let me know if I can help...somehow! Praying for you guys!

Andrea said...

I am so proud of you for getting accepted to the writing clinic and can't wait to hear all about it. I pray you have safe travels over the next few weeks, too.