Sunday, May 10, 2009

We're Here, We Made It, Happy Mother's Day, Happy Anniversary

Yikes! Today's a busy day!!


First off Happy Mother's day to all you current moms, old moms, new moms, soon-to-moms and someday-to-be moms and of course, a very special Happy Mother's Day to my own mom who is an awesome mom and I am so proud to be her daughter! And I am thrilled to be the mom of 5 beautiful kids who did an amazing job yesterday during our 15 hour drive!!

That's right 15 hours and 15 minutes! We cut almost 2 hours off our trip by cutting out the breakfast stop. We changed everyone before we left, fed them in the car and skipped a stop - it was great and meant we got here a lot sooner which made everyone happy! Lots of snacks and 12 hours of TV later we arrived safely!

Rachel slept - 3 times, 20 minutes each
Julianna slept - once, 35 minutes
Alyssa slept - once, falling asleep 10 minutes before we arrived at 10:30!!

Rachel required 80% of our attention
Julianna required 15% of our attention
Alyssa required 5% of our attention

Maybe there is a correlation between the two?? Weird one though, huh?

Last, but not least today is my 13th wedding anniversary! I have been married to the most wonderful man for the past 13 years. Since I was 19, believe it or not!!


I am thrilled to be married to Kirk and I still love him very much. He has always been there for me and supports me 100% in every crazy endeavor I undertake whether it's having 5 kids that includes triplets, couponing or writing novels and attending writer's conferences!!

I certainly pray we have many, many more years to come. Happy Anniversary babe!

3 comments:

Momma-of-5 said...

Happy Anniversary!
Happy Mother's Day!
Happy Safe travels!

I think I may have missed a few posts cuz I have NO CLUE where you are...=) But I will say that I'm inspired that you drove that far...that gives me hope as we head into the summer full of long car rides.

Have a great week (wherever you are!)

Cherie said...

Yeah for you!

You made it!

Happy Mother's Day and Happy Anniversary.

I hope you guys have an awesome time in CO.

Cherie

Candace Hickey said...

Happy Mother's Day and Anniversary!

Where did you go?