Friday, May 08, 2009

My View For 900 Miles


Lovely isn't it?

You wish you were going too don't you?

Tomorrow we will again travel 900 miles to Grandma and Grandpa's house. 17 hours confined with 5 kids. We are trying a different arrangment in the van - putting the girls all across the middle and giving the big kids the whole back row. Means they have to climb over their sister's seats to get in but they seem more then okay with it! Also means I'll have total access to the girls rather then having to half climb into the back. But it also means I'll be closer to all the screaming - great.

Today I mentioned our trip to the girls after I dropped the big kids off at their last day of school (sniff, sniff) - I was telling the girls how we would see Grandma and Grandpa tomorrow. I told them we would give them a hug when we saw them. Julianna said, "sounds good mommy" and the rest of the day she's been talking about giving Grandma and Grandpa a big hug. Sooo cute :)

So, Lord willing, we will arrive safely at Grandma and Grandpa's house and have a nice stay until Kirk and I leave for Colorado.

Lots of work to do.

Happy Mother's Day a little early!

Photo by Joe Shlabotnik

2 comments:

Denise said...

Well, I am sure you already on your way but prayers for safe travel. I hope you guys have a great time in FL and in CO.

Donna B said...

Prayers for safe travels!