Sunday, June 14, 2009

Toddler Beds: So Far So Good

I can't believe it! The girls are all about their new beds. When we got in on Friday night at midnight no less they were bouncing off the walls. They were jumping in and jumping out - they even picked their own beds without a fuss. Kirk had not already assigned beds so they got to do the choosing and they've been quite happy with their choices thus far.



At night they are going down just as well as ever. Right now it's hard to tell if it's because they are totally exhausted (I'm still recovering from Friday's trip) or if they are just good about going to bed. The last 2 mornings though they've been up and running free which makes me nervous. That's what I'm more worried about - we'll see how that goes.



During naps I am still seperating then - putting two in pack and plays in other rooms and allowing one of them to sleep in their room on their new beds alone. So far that is going well though I can only imagine the disaster that would ensue if I put all three girls in the room together for nap. For some reason they just will NOT nap/rest together at nap even though they are quite fine with it during the night. What is up with that?

2 comments:

jennifer said...

i'm so jealous! mine are still going nuts at night after over six months of toddler beds. it is still a struggle every night and i am getting weary of it.

Candace Hickey said...

You are so brave!!! We are still in cribs...he he he
I am just nervous about the transition...glad to hear you are having good luck!

Have you bought anything from Gymboree lately? I got some of the new Watermelon line...so cute!