Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What Can I Say? We Like Fish!

Although only Kirk likes to actually eat them we seem to enjoy going to see them alive and in person :) Yesterday we took another trip to an aquarium - this time to a much larger one in Baltimore.

I took hundreds of pictures - I'll share just a few that I really like. Sorry no slideshow - I'm still borrowing other computers as my laptop screen still is not working and I just haven't had a chance to get it fixed. Hopefully soon :)

And I realize now that I didn't take many pictures inside the aquarium - so no pictures of the big sharks :( I love the big tank at the aquarium - it is really cool!

Does it scare anyone else to know just how many fish there are that are larger then my children??!!



The kids love to look at the fish...



In the bird and rainforest area -



On to the dolphin show -



All the kids really liked the dolphin show though Rachel seemed more interested in "reading" the aquarium map:



Kaitlyn thought she might like to train dolphins when she got older - I think that would be great if that's what she wants to do.



I loved any time the dolphins came out of the water - so beautiful!



Then Kirk took my dad and the big kids on a tour of an old boat and a submarine - sorry, I don't know much about either. My mom and I kept the girls who amused themselves by petting a Great Dane. I wish I had pictures of that - the dog was as big as me! But the girls seemed to like him - except Alyssa who would pet him and then run away. As I talked to the dog's owners we couldn't decide who got more attention - the triplets or the Great Dane. She wished for a sign to drape over the dog to answer all the questions people ask. Glad to know I'm not the only one who gets asked so many questions :)












Walking along the harbor:



What attracted more attention then anything else - I think it's the wagon because when they were loose no one noticed but when we had them in the wagon people would point and take random pictures. What do you suppose they do with those pictures anyway??



After all the activities we went to dinner and then let the kids play on a big boat propellor turned playground? At least my kids seemed to think so!























All in all we had a good day and I'm glad that this time Kirk got to join us. Unfortunately this time there was no fish petting which made Julianna very sad who on the whole ride to the aquarium kept asking if she could pet the sharks!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I love that picture of Alyssa in the grass! Are you loving your new camera? Can you come take some pictures of my boys? :)

Andrea said...

That aquarium looks great! LOL that she wanted to pet the sharks-yikes! Maybe you can take her fishing and she would be satisfied petting the fish that way instead.