Monday, December 03, 2007

My Christmas Wish List

I've been thinking about this for a while and I have come up with a list of things I would like for Christmas.

They include:

1. One day where no one screams. A day where I can wake up in the morning and not have to listen to three babies howling at me from every direction. This has never happened.

2. One day where all 5 kids eat. I mean, eat everything without prodding or complaining (the older 2). As for the triplets I'd settle for eating what's on their tray rather then what's on mommy's plate.

3. One day to have my house organized and stay that way. Instead of cleaning up and then turning around just to see the same mess all over again - I'd like it to remain clean.

4. One day where things work in my favor. At least the little things. Rachel and Alyssa suffer from a common childhood disorder: C.I.F. Never heard of it? It's called Camera Induced Falling. This is a condition where as soon as you get your camera out to film them doing something cute - right now it's them walking. As soon as I turn on the camera they fall down - every time. I swear they are walking but I have yet to get proof!!

5. One day with no fighting. Not over the toy phone or the straws or the cups and especially not over me (which is the most common among the girls). Julianna suffers from a much rarer condition: C.I.C. aka Crying Induced Cuddling. Basically this occurs when I am holding her and one of the other girls begins to cry. She realizes that this is her cue to cling tighter because she knows I'm going to put her down to pick someone else up. She's a smart cookie!

6. And lastly I want one day to enjoy my family. To celebrate Jesus' birthday together as we open up much desired gifts (on my kid's part) and get a chance to spend time and play together. I love Christmas and I love all that it means. May all of you enjoy a wonderful Christmas season with your family!

On a different note - one thing that did go right tonight - I got a picture of the girls on their new ride-on cars that were sent for their birthdays from Uncle Steve and Aunt Lori (Kirk's brother and sister-in-law) - thanks so much - they really love them!!

Wondering what Alyssa's holding? It's a phone. Yep, already a woman driver!! Of course, by the time she's actually old enough to drive this will certainly be outlawed. Aaah, the good old days...



Enough of this picture taking - Julianna is out of here! (Which reminds me - Julianna took about four steps on her own yesterday - this was her first attempt at walking).

No comments: