Thursday, January 29, 2009

To My Fellow Moms of Multiples...

You all are awesome!

I'm not exactly sure what the statistics are for number of triplet births. I know they're out there - spontaneous vs. "artificial reproduction"; identical vs. fraternal - a mix of both but it doesn't matter - there are more then you think.

A few days ago I posted my frustration. To be honest it was a jumbled mess and I wasn't even sure it was coherent but what amazes me is how quickly my moms of multiples friend's chime in to say "hey, we know how you feel!" and "it will get better"

Do you know what that means?

I'm not alone! Believe me it feels like it sometimes. I can't tell you how many days I wish a mom of 2-year-old triplet girls would move in right next door and we could be BFF's forever but alas my neighbors are, well, some of them aren't great (some of them are) - none of them have triplets (or twins).

To all of you who know what it's like and have been there or who will be there I am glad to be part of an amazing community of multiple moms - it's something I wouldn't trade for the world. Even on those days when my girls are driving me crazy I am still glad to be a triplet mom. And that is due in part to the amazing moms I have come to know in person and on the computer.

Thanks for making my day!

5 comments:

Nicole O'Dell said...

I totally know what you mean. I LOVE my friends but there is something special about the community of MoM's that's I've met online, a sort of kinship that I don't feel with others right now.

so, you're not alone!

Denise said...

First, I love the snow pictures. Sometimes I wish it would snow here.
Second, I just wanted to let you know that we are getting the paperwork started for ECI stuff with the trio. I think the lady told me that the actual eval would be on the 25th. I will let you know how it goes.

Karen @dixielandcrafts said...

Aw I totally feel the same way. (((hugs)))

btw, I've given your lovely blog an award so come get it here:

http://lilmommashaven.blogspot.com/2009/01/my-2nd-blog-award.html

Us triplet moms have to stick together. ;)

Organize with Sandy said...

I would love to be your neighbor! Although my situation with triplets is a little different than yours...(I am a step mom of triplets) my crew would have fun with yours!

Donna B said...

We need to get together and let the 6 girls tear apart one of the houses.

Then we need to find houses next door to each other.